The factory opened in 1898 under the name of “La Fontainoise” to produce nails from wire rod, which was first drawn and then “punched” to obtain the end-product.
La Fontainoise was merged in 1953 into the “Forges de la Providence”, but continued to produce nails.
In 1978, while still a part of the Cockerill group, the company Tréfileries de Fontaine l'Eveque (TFE) was established to manufacturewelded mesh, cold drawn wire rod in coils and the patent product “oblifors”(concrete reinforcing steel for road pavements). At that time, the company was equipped with five mesh-welding machines that had a production of about 15,000 tonnes per year.
At the beginning of nineties,TFE was merged into the Acor Group, which would be absorbed later on by the British company ASW.
In September 2000, TFE became part of Riva Group, producing electro-welded mesh, improved-adherence cold rolled wire-rod in coils and oblifors.
Today, TFE manufactures electro-welded mesh according to Belgian, French and Dutch standards.
The quality of welded mesh is managed, checked and guaranteed by the on-site laboratory which is equipped with modern and efficient devices.