Brandenburg manufacturing unit operates the following facilities:
In 1912 industrialist Rudolf Weber, proprietor of Philipp Weber GmbH, a company managing steelworks in Dortmund and Hostenbach, bought some land to build a solid-charged steel mici in Brandenburg, which gave the name to the region near Berlin.
The site chosen by Weber along the canal Silo connecting the Elbe and Havel rivers, had a rail link and a port for barges so it couid be supplied with the scrap generated by nearby Berlin, aiready a large industrial city.
The industrialized region surrounding the site ensured high demand for the mill’s products. The Stahl und Walzwerk Brandenburg works had four 60t Martin-Siemens furnaces and a rolling mill for steel piate.
It started running in May 1914. In 1917 Weber sold out to Deutsch-Luxemburgische Bergwerks- und Hútten AG.
Hennigsdorf manufacturing unit operates the following facilities:
Hennigsdorf was a fishermen’s village on the river Havel at the northern edge of Berlin.
It began to industrialize after 1872. At the end of the nineteenth century the powerful electromechanics firm AEG set up its headquarters there.
In 1917 a steel mill was built with two electric furnaces (of 5 and 10 t each) and a 20-t Martin-Siemens furnace, together with a foundry and a wheel manufacturing factory. Ali of these operated under the name of AEG Hennigsdorf Nord. In 1921 the plant was taken over by Stahl- und Walzwerk Hennigsdorf AG (set up as a joint venture by AEG, Linke Hoffmann Werke AG Breslau and Lauchhammer Riesa AG).
In 1947 the military authorities of the Brandenburg Land granted permission to rebuild the works. The new plant was based on Martin-Siemens technology and switched over from the traditional production of flat rolled products to long rolled products.
In 1948 Stahl- und Walzwerk Hennigsdorf started up production once again as an independent, nationalized, company. Just over twenty years later -in 1969- it became part of VEB Qualitäts- und Edelstahl Kombinat, which as noted earlier, also included the Brandenburg works.
Horath manufacturing unit operates the following facilities:
Trier manufacturing unit operates the following facilities:
Lampertheim manufacturing unit operates the following facilities:
In 1926 the company “Edmund Ludwig Draht und Nagelfertigung” was established in Landau, within the Pfl alz region.
1959 The production of electro-welded mesh began and the denomination changed to “Drahtwerk Ludwig”.
1967 After a two years construction, electro-welded mesh started being produced at Lampertheim. Production would take place both at Mannheim and Lampertheim facilities.
1980 USINOR bought out 25% of the Drahtwerk Ludwig (DWL) shares.
1993 Usinor Sacilor established the French group SAM, headquartered in Neuves Maisons.
DWL becomes an affiliate to the Société des Aciers d’Armature pour le Béton (SAM).
From that moment on the Lampertheim site would be supplied with the wire rod produced at the Neuves Maison and Montereau electrical steelmaking plants.
On September 1st 2000 the Italian Group RIVA takes over the SAM Group, included the DWL affililate.
2003 After acquiring the plant, the Riva Group undertakes some initial investments of significance, all aiming at up-to-dating production equipment.
2004 – The DIN EN ISO 9001:2000 quality standard certification was obtained.
2008/9 The building hosting the administrative staff was acquired along with some extra land as to expand the product storage area.
In 2013 the company “Betonstahl Lampertheim GmbH” was established and its occupational safety management system has been certified according to the OHSAS 18001:2007 standard.